Skip to main content

'twas the Cold Before Christmas

'twas the night before Christmas,
And all through the house
We all were coughing and wheezing
Especially my spouse.

My son was wheezing
And coughing up goo.
We're hot and then freezing
Just feeling like poo.

Medicines arranged
On the counter darn well,
With hopes these germs
Would be blasted to hell.

My wife with Kleenex
I had some too.
So often we sneezed,
Then the well worn "bless you".

Bumped into the table,
Drugs all go a clatter.
Onto the ground,
This stuff that just matters.

As I pick up the junk,
I hear a strange sound.
Santa, it seems,
Well, a sniffling sound.

Lite coughing I hear,
I feel bad that I gripe,
When his nose I see,
Upon his sleeve he gently does wipe.

I hand some Kleenex,
The stuff with lite lotion.
He pats my left shoulder,
Quiet emotion.

Up the chimney he goes,
With a cough and a sneeze.
I look out the window,
He then says out to me.

"Hair we fish sticks, do awe,
Odd may comfort find ewe.
Germs go awayed,
My node cleared up too."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Driving along in Kirkland , home of the modern yuppie, I’m passed by a new Mercedes. Lovely, silver, shiny, new, bling-bling; a part of me loaded with insecurity twinges while I purr along in my Toyota. Why? How come this is a metric of my self-esteem? Am I being unfair to myself, being upset by this train of thought and it’s influence? Consider, please, how much this viewpoint is drilled into us. Look at how often this imagery gets pushed into our faces, and how long that’s been going on. It shouldn’t surprise me, really, that I sometimes feel this way. Though my conscious values oppose this, the lingering thread of this programming has threads into the depths psyche.

Link of the Day

Eternal Earth-Bound Pets, USA You've committed your life to Jesus. You know you're saved. But when the Rapture comes what's to become of your loving pets who are left behind? Eternal Earth-Bound Pets takes that burden off your mind. We are a group of dedicated animal lovers, and atheists. Each Eternal Earth-Bound Pet representative is a confirmed atheist, and as such will still be here on Earth after you've received your reward. Perhaps somewhat sacrilegious (ok, ok...nuke the "somewhat"), but I found this hysterical. I wonder, though, if they've made any money.

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy (perhaps)

I don't know about the veracity of this, but it's still cute.   Deep Thoughts             by Jack Handy   If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."